Thursday, January 27, 2011

T-Minus 5

I have experienced more mixed emotions anticipating February 2nd than I did anticipating December 1st. I'm not saying December 1st was easy, but seriously, Cara's been in PROVO, UTAH for the past 9 weeks. That's just down the street! There was some comfort when she left December 1st knowing that I knew exactly where she was going. I mean, it's no secret where the MTC is located. I've had friends and family in the MTC so I had an idea of what she would be doing on a daily basis there. I know communication would be slooow but I have the hook-ups to know the phone numbers where I could contact her immediatly. Which I know would be wrong, so I haven't. (Yet, anyways... I'm trying to practice self-control here but she still has 5 days left!)

Preparing for February 2nd has been so much harder. It's not like my life is going to change anymore from what it did when she left 8 weeks ago. However, knowing that she'll be an ocean away for the next 16 months is hard to come to terms with. She is leaving to B-U-L-G-A-R-I-A! I do not have hook-ups in Bulgaria where I can get a number to contact her immediatly. (Although, I won't rest until I have a number. ;)) I don't know exactly how long it takes to travel to Bulgaria, but I know it is much MUCH more than 60 minutes. And I haven't the slightest idea what she'll be experiencing in Bulgaria. Heck, I don't even know what the eat there!

But I have no doubt that is where she is suppose to be. Where she NEEDS to be. I've had her for 21 years... I think I'll manage the next 16 months without her. But I will want her back! So treat her well, Bulgaria - you only have 16 months. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment