Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Facts. Facts. Facts.

Bulgaria seems so mysterious to me. I know nothing about the country. Literally, nothing. I want to learn all about it before I let Caralee go live there for 18 months. So, I hit up Google. I have been looking up pictures of the country and it is BEAUTIFUL! Check this out.





Okay, enough of the pictures. Let's get down to the facts. For those of you who are curious, this is what the Bulgarian Alphabet looks like.

Аа Бб Вв Гг Дд Ee Жж Зз Ии Йй Кк Лл Мм Нн Оо Пп
Рр Сс Тт Уу Фф Хх Цц Чч Шш Щщ Ъъ Ьь Юю Яя
It is so crazy! But Caralee is already learning it. She makes me so proud!

Facts. Facts. Facts.
Did you know?
7,567,751 = population.
Languages = Bulgarian (84.6%) Turkish (9.6%) Roma (4.1%) Other (1.8%)
Religion = Bulgarian Orthodox (82.6%) Muslim (12.2%) Christian (1.2%) Other (4%)
Currency = Lev (BGN)
My sister and I watched Harry Potter 4 the other day. Remember Victor Krum? The star of Quidditch who sweeps Hermione (and Ron) off their feet? The really cool and popular one. Yeah.. He's BULGARIAN! Sha-Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment